One of the oldest UOC churches destroyed by shelling in Andriivka

The wooden church was built between 1795 and 1797.
In the village of Andriivka, located in the Volnovakha district of Donetsk region, the Church of the Nativity of the Most Holy Theotokos of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (UOC) was destroyed. The Pokrov Vicariate reported that information about the church’s destruction was received on the morning of February 19.
According to the report, only ruins remain of the church.
The vicariate stated that the wooden church was located in the center of Andriivka and was one of the oldest in Eastern Ukraine. The church was built in the classical style between 1795 and 1797.
As previously reported, on February 16, an airstrike damaged the Ascension Church of the UOC in Zolochiv, Kharkiv region.
0
0
If you notice an error, select the required text and press Ctrl+Enter or Submit an error to report it to the editors.
Read also

Brailiv Convent celebrates 35th anniversary of its revival
19 March 20:59

Priest of Shepetivka Eparchy sentenced to 4 years in prison
19 March 20:06

Patriarch John X congratulates Archbishop of Albania
19 March 18:31